RAW RECRUITMENT acknowledges The Australian Privacy Principals (APP’s) outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and the Privacy Act 1988. This condensed Policy applies to personal information collected by RAW. We collect, store and disclose personal information in line with these principals. We only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
Personal information is broadly defined in the Privacy Act as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- Whether the information or opinion is true or not
- Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The Privacy Act 1988 includes a subset of personal information called ‘sensitive information’ to which higher privacy standards apply. Higher standards apply because inappropriate handling of this kind of information can have adverse consequences for the individual concerned. In some circumstances, RAW may collect and hold sensitive information. Sensitive information is defined as information or an opinion about an individual’s:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Membership of a political association
- Religious beliefs or affiliations
- Philosophical beliefs
- Membership of a professional or trade association
- Membership of a trade union
- Sexual orientation or practices
- Criminal record
- Health information about an individual
- Genetic information or biometric information and templates.
Subject to the guidelines set out in APP 3, we collect personal information by lawful and fair means. Personal information may be collected from you directly when you submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application for employment or engagement with us. Personal information that we collect falls into the following categories:
- Personal contact details
- Employment history
- Work performance information, i.e. reference checks
- Educational qualifications
- Australian work rights or Visa credentials
- Personal identification credentials – Drivers licence, passport etc.
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Information in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships
- Payroll details of all working Candidates
We disclose personal information for a purpose for which it was collected (known as the ‘primary purpose). We may also disclose personal information for a secondary purpose if a permitted situation applies. Subject to the guidelines set out in APP 6, we disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- Recruitment activities
- Providing candidate details to prospective employers
- Payroll, Taxation and Superannuation
- On-hire worker management
- Client and business relationship management
We disclose personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose such information. We disclose your personal information to;
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any government department or body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
RAW does not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
Subject to the guidelines set out in APP 12 you can access your personal information that we hold. Access may be declined if it would interfere with the privacy of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information. If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Privacy Coordinator. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity.
The personal information we collect is held in electronic and hard copy format. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, unauthorised disclosure, and against other misuse. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Subject to the guidelines set out in APP 13, R takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information is correct, is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading, having regard to the purpose for which it is held.
You can make further inquiries about this policies and your privacy to our Privacy Coordinator:
Allan Jones- Managing Director/Privacy Coordinator.
Phone: 9662 3388
Fax: 9663 2613
You can also make complaints to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.